Troubles Logging In? Here's Help!
Forgot your password or you just need to change it? To update your NNU network password, you first need to enroll in the Password Management System at https://pwd.nnu.edu/pm/. The first time you enroll, you will enter your NNU user name as the "Account Name", and use the current password as your "Old Password". If you have never logged in on the network before, you will have a default password to use as your "Old Password". If you are using the default password is case sensitive, Default####. The pound signs represent you ID number.
After you have logged in on the password manager, you will create a new password. Setting up the password can be a little tricky, but the guidelines below will help you keep your account secure.
If your password change fails, contact the help desk in the Technology & Media Resources office, 208-467-8111, or create a ticket at help.nnu.edu for assistance.
What is a Good Password?
There are several requirements for passwords on the NNU systems. Passwords need to meet some rather complex rules in order to remain secure and to work correctly, so make sure you pay attention to these requirements:
- Passwords must be 8-16 characters in length.
- Passwords must begin with an alpha character (letter).
- There must be at least one number or one special character in the password. Special characters are punctuation marks or symbols -- such as an exclamation point, a pound sign or an asterisk.
- The password should not contain your name.
- You should not use recognizable words. We suggest using a number to replace a letter if you spell a recognizable word. An example would be changing the word "Love" to "L0ve", substituting a zero for an o.
Important Notes About Passwords
The Active Directory password utility will change your password on campus computers, on Canvas, and the NNU Portal.
The Active Directory password change will not change your GMail password for NNU Gmail accounts. If you have any difficulties with your password, you may create a help ticket on the help desk site for assistance (help.nnu.edu), or call (208) 467-8111 for the Technology & Media Resources office.
Continuing Studies students enrolled in the Center for Professional Development Higher Reach system may disregard these password change requirements. Their password system is separate from the main campus password system at NNU.
GMail Password Management
Gmail Passwords - This link takes you to www.gmail.com where you can log onto your account. If you don't know your password, contact the TMR Help Desk at 208-467-8111 or create a help ticket at help.nnu.edu for assistance.